Thursday, June 16, 2011

What Can I Say... I LOVE my job! =)

So yesterday God placed an incredible bit of information in my hands. At my job, I have 17 kids enrolled in my summer program. Out of those 17 kids, only 1 of them has parents who are still together and married. 5 of my kids are not allowed to see their father, and 2 have parents who are recently split up. As we sat in chapel yesterday I wanted to teach a lesson about Father's Day but as this statistic was revealed to me, I knew that was not what I was supposed to teach. I also found out that out of my 17 kids, none of them go to church. At that moment God made it clear to me that they have to see the love of Christ through me. That I have to show them love, I have to care about what they say, I have to hold them in my arms if they want to cry, I have to be interested in their lives. It made it clear to me that this was also another purpose of my summer, to introduce these beautiful children to the stories of the bible, to the healings of Jesus. I have to teach them the stories of Noah's Ark, and Jonah and the whale. I have to teach them about David and Goliath. It's crazy how much we take for granted about the bible. The stories we think that everyone's parents of grandparents read to them as bed time stories, but that really isn't the case. If you're reading this, please pray for my kids at work that they will through this summer atleast have that seed of the Holy Spirit placed in their hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment