Saturday, June 11, 2011

O How He Loves Us

Monday morning I started working at Amelon United Methodist where I am co-running a school age summer camp this summer. The kids there are so precious and make it so worthwhile for me to wake up at 5:00 to be at work by 6:30 each morning. My little project that I have undertaken this summer is to be in charge of chapel. This week I taught my kids how so much of the time there are a ton of distractions which makes it hard to hear the voice of God. We did an activity with this and then I began talking to them about missionaries. I have a group of 1-5th graders and they didn't know what a missionary. I then showed them a picture of one of my friends and told them that she was a missionary and that she is working at a camp in TN this summer, and told them a little more about her. We then prayed for her and my kids all wanted to say a prayer. After that we made cards to send to her and encourage her this week! Thanks God for placing in my heart a spirit of serving where I am in life rather than wanting to be somewhere else! I'm excited to encourage different friends each week by sending them letters or cards while they are serving this summer and in the process helping my kids at work to be mini- missionaries! Praise God for His faithfullness! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment