Tuesday, June 14, 2011

New Purpose

Wow! What an incredible thing that God has placed in my heart. If you've read some of my blog posts in the past, you will know that I feel as though I'm in the middle of a waiting process and as though for a while I didn't see my purpose in being home for the summer. Last night though, The Lord made it perfectly clear to me what my purpose is for this summer! As I was sitting at my grandma's house waiting for the girls to come to my bible study The Lord really spoke to my heart that my purpose was to love those girls and to spend my time pouring into their lives! As I left work yesterday I thought about the beautiful children that God has placed in my life to love on this summer, and then he is also defining my calling more and more in order that I can better serve Him. Me of little faith, going into bible study I only expected to have 3 or 4 girls at my bible study. We ended up having 6 girls come to our bible stdy and it was an incredible evening as we began to dig deep into the hearts of some of the girls that I have always gone to church with but I have never really gotten to know. It's so cool to see how a lot of thos same girls were the girls who were in the childrens department when I left for school and over the past year they have grown up an incredible amount! I'm so excited now about the summer and to see how else God is going to work in my heart and the hearts of those around me! I have an incredible opportunity to grow in my relationship with Christ as this summer continues. I am journeying to different churches to see how people worship in different ways so I'm really excited about that opportunity! I also am blessed to be able to lead my kids at work each week in a worship experience through chapel and if you're reading this, this is a huge need as many of my kids don't have a home church that they attend! I'm am also blessed to be able to take part in a bible study each week at Abby Thompson's house where she is leading a ladies bible study which the past two weeks have ben incredible! The third thing I get to take part in is co-leading a middle and high school girls bible study with my two best friends Caroline and Beth! I'm also blessed to get to take 3 college classes and go ahead and get them out of the way this summer which is going to be wonderful! Also it's been really wonderful to be a source of encouragement for my friends who are on the mission field and working camps this summer! I just can't wait to see what else God is going to do in my life this summer and show me this summer! It's going to be wonderful! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment