Saturday, April 30, 2011

"At Your feet I lay my life down, and I am FREE"

Dear Daddy, my prayer is that through this post and through my life that You will be glorified. Help me to give all the credit about my life to You. Help me to not get caught up in my own failures, but to lay them all at Your feet. I love you Daddy, Amen =)

So today is Saturday April 30, 2011 and I can finally say that I am free and that nothing is hindering me from completely serving God anymore and it's the greatest feeling in the entire world! I'm so excited that God has redeemed me from a sense of self hatred where I didn't have any self worth, and that He has shown me that through Him I have purpose, and I have worth and it's a beautiful thing to see how much Christ has redeemed and healed my heart over this past year and how even though I didn't understand some things at the time they happened, but looking back it was all a part of God's amazing plans for my life and I can't wait to see how that is going to continue through the rest of my life.

Today I was listening to Casting Crowns song, "At Your Feet" and I wanted to share with you a few of the lyrics that have really been monumental in this healing process that I have gone through in the past several months... so here they are... "Here at Your feet, I lay my past down, my wanderings, all my mistakes down, and I am FREE"

It's crazy to think back to the beginning of this semester and how I just happened to go to Arrowhead Church for the particular Sunday that the sermon topic was, "What's Your One Word" At the time, I didn't have a clue how God was going to use that, but I am so thankful for that. My One word, after over a week of praying and contemplating, and searching, and being frustrated, was "FREEDOM." At that moment in my life, I didn't know the impact that 'one word' would have on the next 4 months of my life, and how FREEDOM in a sense was me becoming free of insecurities, and freedom from an unhealthy relationship, and freedom from self hatred, and freedom from feeling a sense of worthlessness, and freedom from the inability to look into the mirror. It's amazing to see this transformation and how it has taken place over this semester of college.

Dad, thank you for the friends that you have placed in my life this semester and last semester because through their love and acceptance I have had the ability to begin to see myself the way you created me and it's amazing! Thanks Dad you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment