Thursday, April 7, 2011

He Will make your paths straight..

So over the past several months, the verse that I have clung to has been, "In all of your ways acknowledge The Lord and He will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:6. For several months, I felt as though I did not even have a path in front of me because it was so clouded. I went through some moments that felt like I was blinded by lies and by deceit. I went through times when I didn't even want to get out of bed and start the next day because I didn't have a clue how the day was going to turn out. Finally though, I can honestly say.. I CAN see! I can see truth, I can see beauty, and I can see at least a little of the path that God has placed in front of me. I can see because I made the choice to not let Satan overpower my life and my thoughts. I can see because Christ loves me enough to show me truth. Christ loves me enough to forgive me when I screw up and to give me a second chance when I don't deserve it. Today I had the opportunity to go to the dam and watch the sunset. I was in awe of the beauty of God. The sky changed from a vibrant orange, to yellow, to hot pink, and then a hint of purple snuck into the sky. It was the most beautiful thing in the entire world. I then painted a picture of some mountains and a sunset and God really spoke to me through that. For the past several weeks I have felt like God wasn't directing my paths although I knew that he was the whole time. I had to make a decision about the summer and I didn't have a clue what I was supposed to do. For the first time though today I FINALLY have peace! I finally have accepted the fact that home is where I am supposed to be this summer. I have finally accepted the fact that God can use me wherever I am and that He will show me what I need to learn wherever I am. I am so excited to see how God is going to use me as I give my summer to Him. God, I WILL follow YOU! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment