Monday, April 18, 2011

Lead me with strong hands, because I can't do this alone

Wow! Tonight I was blessed beyond words to get two awards at the leadership banquet. As I looked around me at President O'Brien's home I saw so many leaders, so many beautiful people and so many people who give their hearts to service week in and week out at Carson-Newman. I can't explain to you how I didn't expect either of the 2 awards that I was awarded tonight. I am just blown away at the love that the people- students and faculty have in their hearts to serve The Lord. Tonight, though the most important aspect was when my biggest role-model and hero, Marilee Betz got 2 awards. In case ya'll don't know, she is literally my hero. As I look at her life, I can't help but see God shining all through her! It's just that everytime she has a conversation or prays or serves or when we watch Glee together or eats 3 Spoons, she just has the spirit of Christ shining through her! It's amazing to see her life and the beautiful person that she is! Tonight, so many times, I got the compliment that I was 'mini Marilee' or you're 'you're going to follow in the footsteps of Marilee' or 'you're going to be just like Marilee one day' Those comments blessed my heart more than words can say but also with me understanding that there's no way I can fill those shoes! God, I just want to thank you for placing me at Carson-Newman College! This is the most amazing place in the whole entire world!

No comments:

Post a Comment