Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Work in Progress

This morning at church for me was a time where I had to completely rely on the power of Christ like never before. A few weeks ago, one of my beautiful friends asked me if I would sing a duet with her. So we began to practice the song 'Blessings' by Laura Story. When we began to practice this song, I don't think either one of us knew what The Lord had in store for either one of us when we decided to sing this song in church. As I began to practice this song, The Lord just brought up so many emotions inside of me. At first, many memories from my past came up and it was hard to overcome them while singing. Then after singing through a few times there was this overwhelming sense of peace. One line that really spoke out to me was, "what if your healing comes through tears?"- This line just really spoke into my life and this past year. This past year for me was SUCH a healing process and along with that came MANY MANY tears. I think that sometimes probaly more times than not, along with healing comes tears. Okay fast forward to this morning. As Sam and I began to sing, the Holy Spirit I feel wanted to do a bit of healing in her life so therefore tears came. It was just a really powerful morning at church and it is super cool to see how The Lord works in ways that we don't fully understand! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment