Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sweetly Broken

So today, I reached the point where I can honestly say that I've been sweetly broken. I realized today that at the end of the summer, I will have a grand total of $360.00 to my name after I pay my phone bill for the next three months, and pay for 3 summer classes, and for some reason I have an incredible amount of peace about it all. I'm giving my future to God because I know that He has a plan for my summer and for the upcoming year. I know that God is a provider and that if He will dress the flowers in beauty in the fields, then why should I worry and freak out. God knows what I need! He does! I'm so nervous about this summer because I honestly don't have a clue why anything is happening, but I have confidence that everything is going to be okay.

This past week has been incredibly difficult for me and today I finally just had a breakdown and I really don't know why. During the past month or so, God has given me the word 'simplicity' on several occasions and I really didn't understand it. This summer, God is calling me to begin living a life of simplicity and in all honesty, it is incredibly difficult and painful to begin living a life of simplicity when I'm used to living a life where I have not only my needs met, but most all of my wants as well.

Last week before I even came home from school, God really challenged me to come home and clean out my room. Let me just draw you a little mental image, literally my room was so filled with junk that I didn't even know where to begin on my own. My room had gotten to a point where I could literally open the door and get to my bed and that's about it. 19 years worth of birthday cards and notes from friends. Journals from middle school and highschool. stuffed animals, some toys, random odds and ends, and JUNK. I have an amazing friend who I asked if she would come and help me clean because I knew that she wouldn't judge me in the process. So that is what Monday and Tuesday consisted of for me. I cleaned and decluttered my room. 5 trashbags to the dump, and 2 boxes 3 totes and a trash bag to the goodwill later, I can finally say my room is clean. Praise the Lord. That was such a painful process. It took so much time to clean my room and so many memories were brought to the front of my mind. Most good, but some a little painful, but all in all it was an incredibly healing process.

SIMPLICITY: the lifestyle God is calling me to this summer. I'm excited to see His plan for my summer and for the rest of my life. I'm all His! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment